I can't believe we won!

The first match was over. We won. 2:0. We celebrated.

"Did you understand now that teamwork matters?"
"We did."

I was still in shock. That. We. Won.

"Don't drink too much water before the match."
"Oh. Yeah."

Only then I realised what I was doing. While everyone else called their parents and told the news about our win, I gulped down all of the water from my bottle. 

"... on Pitch 6 for their second match. I repeat myself, the teams..."
"It's us, it's us! It's our next match! Come let's go!"

And once again, we were in the same pitch again, in a circle, me lecturing everyone.

"I'm sure this time, we'll surely lose!"

The match started. 
It ended too.

My face went blank. So did my mind. My eyes big. My lips twitching.

My team members came and hugged me so tight! We had won again! 1:0!

"We won! We won!"

"Th..there's final match left. I'm hundred and ten percent sure we'll lose the final one!" I shouted above everyone.

The third and the final match began. This time it was on Pitch 3. The other team was wearing blue. They all were of our height. 

"I think, we're going to lose." someone muttered under her breath.
"No, we're not. We have already won two matches. This isn't going to be hard. I assure you." I said.

Screeeeeeeech. The game began.

"Pass. Pass to me!" I screamed.
 
One goal!

"Shoot! Come on!"

Another goal!

"Come on! You can do it!"

And the third goal!

Three whistles. The game was over. We had won. Once. Again.
"I can't believe we won!" I shouted in my athletic voice.

My team came together and we sat there on the football ground and panted.

"How's this possible? Did we just win?" someone asked.

"You know why we did. Because of-"

"Teamwork!"

Post a Comment

0 Comments